Wednesday, April 3, 2013

So, the spelling program has continued.  The students are still enjoying this format much better than they were previously.  I am seeing a fair amount of growth.  It has not been as scheduled and regular as I had originally hoped because of the craziness of spring.  However, we are still working to do the sorts daily and to continue gathering data. 
I was hoping to incorporate some of the games that are available to go with Words Their Way that I found in both the book and others that I have found online.  However, the time in the day to teach new games and play them is most often not there.  I am hopeful that should we get to continue to use this program in the future that I can create, teacher, and use these games earlier in the year.  As a first year teacher, I had heard about how crazy spring time in the schools is, but had never witnessed it.  Well, I am living it currently and it is more crazy that I had ever imagined.  Regardless, I am impressed with the students willingness to continue with this program.  We continue to do the sorts if different manners because they are quick to teach and complete.  I have also been very excited to see students bringing their books and other reading materials to me in order to show me words from their sort or with the same pattern in their sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment